Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rough Patches

Following the Thanksgiving holiday we've had some rough patches while getting Naomi ready in the morning. On Friday, the markets were open, so I worked a half day in the office. I brought Naomi in to the office with me since it's generally a pretty kid friendly day. In the office auditorium they showed Toy Story 3 and How to Train a Dragon, not a coincidence that these are two of Naomi's favorite movies since we brought them in for the viewing =)
Apparently she had a good time because every day since Friday, she's been talking about how she'll go to work with me from now on. She was completely devastated to find out on Monday morning that I had already left for work and instead she'd be going to daycare. On top of that, Austin started his new job yesterday, which requires them to leave the house an hour earlier, so our poor girl who likes to sleep in til 8 or later on weekdays (she's an early riser on weekends go figure) had to be woken up much earlier than she was used to.
When Austin woke her up, she was so upset she wouldn't get out of bed, refused to drink her milk, (her absolute favorite thing to eat/drink is warm milk, she asks for it ALL the time, so much so that we have to limit how much she drinks to make sure she gets enough nutrients from other meals), refused to get changed, and just cried and cried. They ended up calling me at the office, and it broke my heart to hear her little tearful voice crying, and telling me she wants to go to work to see me. They did eventually make it out the door, and Austin made it to his first day of work on time, but we both hoped yesterday would be a one day event and Naomi would be back to normal today.
A call at 7:13 this morning proved that we hadn't gotten our wish. Naomi was devastated yet again. Despite my talk with her before she fell asleep, despite me explaining to her that she has to go to school to play with her friends, and mommy has to go to work, but we'd see each other in the afternoon. She was crying and pleading to go to work with me again, and only seemed to be consoled after we suggested she look at some pictures of Mommy and Naomi on daddy's Iphone. She still hadn't gotten out of bed and was refusing to drink her milk and get changed yet again. It was already 7:13 when they called..and they have to be out the door by 7:30. Hopefully they make it!!
Hopefully we'll be back to normal in a couple of days...of course then it'll be the weekend again and we'll have to start all over again come Monday morning.

No comments: