Thursday, July 10, 2008

Welcome Home Naomi

Naomi is 3 weeks old today. Hard to believe that last month I was waddling around in 100 degree weather wondering when the heck this kid would pop out, and here she is, sound asleep in the other room. So much has changed in Austin and my life over the past 3 weeks. We've gone from being carefree kids with a double income and seemingly limitless spending power to buy toys for ourselves, to a couple of blundering people posing as parents, trying to figure out where to get the cheapest deal on the extra large box of diapers; worrying whether the tiny mini me is really eating enough during each of her feedings, or maybe she's eating too much? a million questions cross my mind at 100 miles a second - is she slepeing enough? too much? how come she's not responding to my voice? how come she isn't running around and talking yet!! When do you start feeling competent as a parent?!
In less than a minute I can go from completely frantic and tired from waking being woken up for the 3rd time that night and it only being 4am, to completely at peace and content holding my little mini me.
In 3 weeks Naomi's already changed so much, it almost makes me sad to see her grow so fast. I'm in love with her tiny toes, fingers, face, her huge eyes and her micro mini body. Whenever I find myself getting frustrated or tired, I just try and remind myself that she's going to be a completely different person before I know it, and I need to cherish all these blissful baby moments. Needless to say I have been a bit camera obsessed> I just want to try and capture every second that I can. Here's a shot from when she was 1 day old, and another from when she was 2 wks and 6 days =)





No comments: