Monday, January 31, 2011

Tired

I'm tired. In the last month of my pregnancy I hadn't had any coffee, and was feeling pretty good. Now I can't get caffeine in me fast enough. Naomi was an incredible sleeper when she was a baby. So much so that I often asked our pediatrician if she was sleeping TOO much. I ended up being a bit bored during my maternity leave, but thankfully it was the summer so we could get out of the house and go on walks. I also managed to watch lots of FoodTv and treated Austin to some pretty nice gourmet meals.
This time around, Mikaela definitely isn't as good of a sleeper. During the day I can usually get her down for a few good naps on her own, but at night there's a good stretch of time where she won't sleep unless she's being held. This usually happens from 3-7am, so I end up holding her, or falling asleep with her in bed with me. Then as soon as the sun comes out she passes out and goes to sleep on her own in her crib (like right now). But of course by then, Naomi is up and rearing to go.
On top of this, Naomi has been having a hard transition with her new baby sister and has been waking up every night as well. Some nights all it takes is a quick check and she'll be back asleep, but a lot of nights it takes anywhere from 30mins to over an hour to get her back to sleep.
At the end of the day we're all tired and cranky. Hopefully Mikaela will get her days and nights worked out soon, and Naomi will adjust to be being a big sister.

No comments: