Saturday, December 19, 2009

Still Standing..

We had a couple of good nights of uninterrupted sleep. Then Naomi caught another bug, I'm guessing from daycare. So she has a runny nose and a bad cough again (and guess what so do I...I stand by my claim that daycare is full of carrier monkeys). With the sickness, Naomi's had a harder time getting to sleep since her nose is so stuffy, and as soon as we leave the room, she pops up, props herself up on the crib railing, and falls asleep standing up. As soon as I go in to try and lay her down, she wakes up and cries. So consensus amongst everyone we've asked for advice, says to just leave her. (someone actually told me to chuck the video monitor and go to bed,..which I did, and found her asleep, standing up, at 4am when I woke up for work). So i'm taking consensus' advice, and leaving her be. She might be uber cranky tomorrow, but hopefully it'll help her decide that sleeping lying down is a lot more comfortable.

1 comment:

Lo said...

stay strong!!! leave her be!!!!!! my mom said you're better off leaving her standing up before she learns to crawl out of her crib!!!