Wednesday, April 28, 2010

ABCs and a late 22mth update



I can't seem to post Naomi's monthly updates on time. She turned 22 months last week. Yea, that's 2 more months til our baby is TWO. Unbelievable.
As we encroach upon 2, Naomi has embraced the terrible twos with all her heart. In one moment she can go from the sweetest child, running around hugging and kissing everyone and everything, using her sweet little voice...and before you can even bat an eyelash, she turns into this little monster who's throwing her entire body onto the floor, stomping her feet, screaming so loud that our neighbors must think we abuse our child. Anything, absolutely anything can set her off. She LOVES bathes, she always asks to stay in for 5 more minutes every night. But the past two nights, she's completely resisted. Last night, during one of bigger meltdowns, she was literally trying to hit me with her shoe, while simaltaneously trying to put her sock on, and yelling out that mommy should go away cause she was a "BAD GIRL". It sounds awful I know, but picture the smallest two year old you know, yelling out phrases and sentences that you didn't even know she knew. It took everything in me to stop myself from laughing everytime she yelled out Bad Girl. I finally got her in the bath after my mom saved the day by telling Naomi that if Naomi wasn't going to take a bath, then SHE was going to go turn the water on. That immediately got Naomi to stand up, bolt into the bathroom, yelling out, "NO I'll DO IT!!!"
Temper tantrums aside, Naomi continues to amaze me everyday. As you can see in the video, she can sing her ABC's, while not perfect, it's completely recognizable and just unbelievably cute.
She can count to 14, then she gets stuck like a broken record..."1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14! YAY!!"
She's speaking in complete sentences. Her teacher left a message for me the other day when she was shocked to hear Naomi turn around and say, "Marcy, what's Drew doing?"
She understands the concept of when someone is over at our house or if they've left. Every day when I pick her up, she asks me if Ah-ma (grandma) is still here. I say yes. Then she'll say, "Ah-ma still here! Do-Do (what she calls my dad) in Chi-NA"
She loves the playground, mostly the slide. Whenever we drive by the playground (basically every day on our way home from daycare) she asks, "outside slide?"
She loves to sing, is always humming, or singing along with us. This makes me so happy since both Austin and I have a huge love for music. I'm excited that she picks up and enjoys music so much even at such a young age. She'll even pick up a mic we've given to her, and run around singing and dancing.

I really can't believe in less than 2 months she'll be two years old.

No comments: