Monday, October 11, 2010

Getting to Know You...

At Daycare, Naomi's class had a "getting to know you" session where they did mini biographies of their classmates. Each child had a sheet up on the board with some of their key information filled out. Naomi's sheet said, "my name is Naomi Wei. My hair is black. My eyes are brown. My favorite animal is a duck. My favor color is brown." Note that Naomi's favorite color changes every minute depending on what color she's looking at at the moment. For example, her biography sheet was a piece of brown construction color. When I got there to pick her up, and we were putting her pink coat on, and I asked her what her favorite color was, she emphatically yelled out "PINK!".

This morning, thankfully, I had to take the day off since it's Columbus day and daycare's are closed. We are currently doing mini-biographies of our friends and family. She's yelling out what everyone's favorite colors are. Here is how the scene played out...

"Alli's favorite color is GREEN!!! Unc(le) Gene's favorite color is Red. Auntie Jaime's favorite color is Black. Naomi's favorite color is Yellow!! (yea she's holding a yellow pencil). Mommy's favorite color is Pink! Daddy's Favorite color is PINK No No. PURPLE!!"

No comments: