Thursday, October 14, 2010

Life with two?

Naomi is a great kid. For a majority of the time, she’s laid back, easy going and makes parenting a dream. She’s at this incredible age where she’s playful, interactive, loves to joke around, sing, dance, it’s just a wonderful time for both Austin and I. Yet as easy going as she is, there are some days when Austin and I are barely making it to the end of each day. Every morning I lie in bed, completely exhausted, wishing I could just go back to sleep. Yes, part of this is because I wake up at 4:30am for work…but a huge part is because it really truly is tiring being a parent. As exhausted as Austin and I always are, I sometimes, well a lot of times, worry about how we’ll handle life with two kids. Austin’s mornings are chaotic and there are times when he’s barely making it out the door in time to drop Naomi off at daycare before catching his train into the city. Once I pick Naomi up in the evenings, we only have an hour and a half before her bedtime, where we’re trying to prep and eat dinner, get through bathtime, brushing her teeth, and cramming in a little play time before getting her into bed. I know we’ll figure out a new routine/system that works for us once the baby does arrive, and 16 wks on maternity leave will be huge in getting us adjusted to this new routine. Still, when I look at some of the pictures from Austin’s crazy mornings with Naomi, I can’t help but worry just a teeny bit…see for yourself


From Naomi 25 Months

From Naomi 26 months

From Naomi 26 months

3 comments:

Jen said...

Charissa has the same dress as Naomi in that last picture!

Totally feel you :) 16 weeks is awesome!

Rachel said...

Just remember Lord doesn't give us more than we can handle. :) .

Naomi's mom said...

Jen - yea our company's maternity policy is AMAZING. hah and that dress didn't stay on for more than 5 minutes. Silly me thought Naomi could fit a 2T when she turned 2, but it kept falling off. Maybe next summer.

Rachel - Thanks! yea we'll survive, and if not, i'll drop them off at your house.