Saturday, September 19, 2009

15 Months


Naomi turned 15 months today. Though I didn't post an update on her 14th month, I feel like the difference we've seen in her development from 14 to 15 months was staggering. Although admittedly I probably tell myself this every month. One of the most noticeable is her willfullness. Naomi knows what she wants, and if she doesn't get it, she'll let you know through fits of tears and shouting. Right now we're trying to simply distract her. but pretty soon we'll need to have better methods of discipline!

Here are her stats from her 15 mth checkup, although all of these measurements are questionable (and probably on the high side) since she refused to sit still long enough to be measured.

Weight: 20 lbs (15%)
Height: 30 1/4 (60%)
Head: 48cm (60%)

Naomi's is pretty proficient at walking, she hardly crawls anymore. She's still very prone to falling down and for awhile was averaging a fall flat on her face every other day, and has the bruises to show it. She's bruised on her forehead, cheek, nose and even gotten a cut up and swollen lip. Surprisingly she hasn't skinned a knee or scraped any elbows or hands yet, but I'm sure that's next to come.
She's very vocal these days as well, most of what she says is gibberish, but she does know how to say a few words like
Mama
Mommy
Ah-ma (grandma)
Dada
Daddy
Stitch (our dog...although it sounds more like ditch, and no, she doesn't know poor lilo's name)
Hi
She can sign a bunch of words now too, which has made understanding some of her wants and needs a whole lot easier.
signs she knows are:
Book
Please
More
Drink
Thank You
All Done
Milk

She understands us more and more, we're finding ourselves having to spell things out, like M-I-L-K, S-T-R-A-W-B-E-R-R-I-E-S...

She can make the sound of a snake: Hsssss
She can make the sound of an elephant and do the arm motion of an elephant's trunk

She knows how to tickle, blow raspberries on daddy's belly, pick her nose (don't ask), point to her head, eyes, ears, toes, big belly and belly button.

She's obsessed with hats, socks, shoes, purses and jewelry

And she hates when I wear a ponytail and always tries to pull it out and sometimes cries until I pull my hair down, after which she starts laughing and smiling. silliness.







2 comments:

Shari said...

That's a long list of words! Smart girl. Chloe right now can only say dada, trees, eyes and now mama (my sister-in-law is very happy).

Forgot to say that I loved Naomi's card. Please tell her that I hope to meet her next summer when I'm in Boston/NY. :)

Lo said...

hee hee, gotta love the nose picking, out of all of her recent accomplishments! =P