Sunday, February 27, 2011

6 Weeks


Mikalea is 6 weeks old. Her first 6 weeks have been quite the whirlwind. She's completely different than Naomi was when she was this little. She loves, in fact, insists on being held most of the day. She doesn't like sleeping in the fancy new bassinet we bought for her (Naomi slept in her own crib in her own room from day 1 of being at home). She's only slept in the crib in her own room for maybe 3 nights....which means the rest of the nights she's slept in bed with me. Of course, not just in bed. She isn't content with that. She has to be cuddled up tight in my arms in order to sleep. High maintenance much?
When she is being held she's completely happy and usually won't cry unless she's hungry, gassy or has a wet diaper. Thankfully she's content to be carried around in a baby wrap/sling so we can have give our arms a rest every once in awhile. I'm already starting to notice muscle fatigue in my left wrist from carrying her as much as we do.
Despite having really bad reflux, she's gaining weight nicely. At her doctor's appointment last week when she was sick, she weighed in at 9lbs 1 oz.
She's coo'ing quite a bit now, particularly at night. She is definitely a night owl.
She started smiling at 5wks, just like her sister did.
At 6 wks Mikaela has managed to completely wear both Austin and I out. Good thing she's so cute =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE, I WILL ALWAYS LOVE HOLDING U IN MY ARMS BABES!!!

beawei said...

Like I said, I don't mind holding her in my arms, putting her up on my leggs while I sitting in a chair, dancing around with her while making up songs and singing to her. Even Naomi noticed that and laughed at me. Mikaela is such a sweet-heart, little buddy!